Dr. Lucien Bellamy
Certified Specialist in Orthodontics
Dr. Lucien Bellamy is originally from the Comox Valley and has been in Nanaimo since 2007. He completed his undergraduate degree at Western University and Doctor of Dental Medicine at UBC. He received multiple academic and clinical awards while at UBC, including the BC College of Dental Surgeons Gold Medal as the top student in his class, and was the first student in the Faculty of Dentistry to be designated a Wesbrook Scholar. Dr. Bellamy worked as a general dentist for two years prior to completing a Masters of Dentistry and Orthodontic specialty training at the University of Washington in Seattle.
Dr. Bellamy is an active member of the dental community, having served as president of the Nanaimo and District Dental Society and the BC Society of Orthodontists. He is also a member of the Canadian Association of Orthodontists (CAO) and American Association of Orthodontists (AAO).
Dr. Bellamy is passionate about orthodontics and loves his career. He is proud of all the beautiful smiles that have been created over the years by the team at Bellamy Orthodontics. Outside of the office, Dr. Bellamy is often found on the water or in the mountains, but more than anything, he enjoys spending time with his daughters and friends.
- Honours Bachelor of Science (Microbiology and Immunology) – Western University 1997
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of British Columbia 2003
- Master of Science in Dentistry – University of Washington 2007
- Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics – University of Washington 2007
- Orthodontic fellowship – Royal College of Dentists of Canada 2007
- President – Nanaimo and District Dental Society 2012-2015
- President – Vancouver Island Orthodontic Specialists 2013-2014
- President – British Columbia Society of Orthodontists 2017-2018
- Member – Canadian Association of Orthodontists 2008-present
- Member – American Association of Orthodontists 2008-present