Dr. Lucien Bellamy
Certified Specialist in Orthodontics
I am originally from Comox and I feel so fortunate to be an orthodontist in central Vancouver Island. Nanaimo has been home for the last ten years. I love working and living in this city! After many years of being away at university, it was always a dream of mine to move back to the island. The practice was originally started in 1973 and it’s been in the same location ever since. A complete renovation, new equipment, and full digital upgrade was completed in 2014.
I truly love what I do! Orthodontics is so much more than straight teeth. For some, it’s about improving overall health or correcting damage that has occurred in the past. For others, it’s about giving them the smile they’ve always wanted. Everyone has different desires, and I do my best to address the specific needs of every patient that comes in the office.
Orthodontics is a long-term process, so you will get to know everyone very well. By far the best thing about my office is the people. I am fortunate to have an awesome team! Most of the team has been with the practice for many years. They go above and beyond to make sure patients have a positive experience at every visit.
When I’m not in the office, I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I have a beautiful wife and two awesome daughters. We love everything Vancouver Island has to offer. In the summer, most of our time is spent around the water or at various camping spots around the Island. In the winter, we escape the rain and head for the mountain.
- Honours Bachelor of Science (microbiology and immunology) – Western University 1997
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of British Columbia 2003
- Master of Science in dentistry – University of Washington 2007
- Specialty certificate in orthodontics – University of Washington 2007
- Orthodontic fellowship – Royal College of Dentists of Canada 2007
- President – Nanaimo and District Dental Society 2012 to 2015
- President – Vancouver Island Orthodontic Specialists 2013-2014
- President – British Columbia Society of Orthodontists 2017-2018
- Member – Canadian Association of Orthodontists 2008 to present
- Member – American Association of Orthodontists 2008 to present